Put all of the turkey left-over from your holiday feast to good use with these delicious and nutritious personal pizzas.
Makes 2 pizzas; Serving size is 1 pizza
- 2 whole wheat medium-size pitas
- 2 teaspoons pesto
- 6 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (*Time-saving Tip: purchase already shredded in a resealable plastic package from the grocery store)
- 2/3 cup shredded or chopped turkey
- 2 tablespoons chopped artichoke hearts
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes (reconstituted in hot water)
- 2 tablespoons crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- Preheat oven 350°F. Coat baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cover pitas with pesto using a plastic silicone spatula or basting brush and layer with remaining ingredients. Place on prepared pan and bake 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and pita is crisp.
*Time-saving Tip: Prep and portion all ingredients ahead of time in resealable plastic bags and containers. When you’re ready for a post-holiday snack, pull the ingredients and pitas out of the refrigerator and set up a do-it-yourself pizza station for guests to make their own personal pizzas.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Calories 354 Calories from fat 27% Fat 11g Saturated Fat 4g Cholesterol 58mg Sodium 661mg Carbohydrate 37g Dietary Fiber 6g Sugars 2g Protein 29g Dietary Exchanges: 2 1/2 starch, 3 lean meat
- Plastics Bring Holiday JoyView the Rest
See more holiday recipes and get baking and entertaining tips from Holly Clegg.
About Holly Clegg
Holly Clegg, the “Queen of Quick,” is a best-selling cookbook author who knows how to keep things sweet and simple. She worked with the Plastics Make It Possible® campaign to highlight three quick and healthy recipes from her new book, Too Hot in the Kitchen, part of her best-selling Trim & Terrific series, to make entertaining your family and repurposing your leftovers this holiday season easy and fun.